R E C O R D · C O N N E X I O N
If this page doesn't load with links on the left side, please click here (once) to go to the home page!
(1945 - 1954)
Gospel in the 1000 and 3000 series
Gospel in the 6000 series
- DeLuxe was a subsidiary label of King.
- It seems that DeLuxe felt insecure about where to file gospel records under, so they were released both with a "1" (Deluxe's pop series) and a "3" (rhythm & blues) as the first digit of the catalog number. I'm not sure if this is the case for all gospel releases. 1003 and 1005 are probably not released as part of the "3" series. In the listings all issues in the "3" series are shown, issues starting wit a "1" are only listed when a scan is available..
- DeLuxe 6001 by the Gospel Twins was also released on Glory 4017 (see the Glory label discography).
- DeLuxe 6005 by the Spiritual Harmonizers was also released on Glory 4004 (see the Glory label discography).
- All of Prof. James Earle Hines' releases were also issued on Sacred and all of them except #3182 were also issued on Gotham.
- All of Rev. A. Johnson's releases were also issued on the Glory label, except for #6010.
- The Four Blues (#1003) is the same group as the Golden Echo Quartet (#1005).
- The Memphis Gospel Singers (#3221) are better known as the Spirit Of Memphis (King, Peacock).
- All years given indicate when the record was released, not when it was recorded.
- A release number marked red, means that a picture is available. Click on the song titles to see it.
Click here for listing 1, the 1000 and 3000 series (sorted on label number)
Click here for listing 2, the 6000 series (sorted on label number)
Click here for listing 3 (sorted on artist/group name, A-K)
Click here for listing 4 (sorted on artist/group name, L-Z)